Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake.
You can cook Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake
- Prepare of VANILLA BUTTER CAKE.
- You need 3 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, I use whole milk.
- Prepare of CHERRY MOUSSE FROSTING AND FILLING.
- It’s 1 of recipe Fresh Cherry Mousse, prepared and chilled in a large bowl 2 hours before needed recipe attached in direction step #8.
- You need of GARNISH.
- You need 1/4 cup of dark chocolate shavings.
- It’s of fresh bing cherries.
- It’s 2 tbsp of muti colored sprinkles.
Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake instructions
- Spray- 3 – 8 inche round cake pans with bakers spray. Preheat oven to350.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until creamy about 2 minutes. Add flour am milk and stir just until moist, add eggs and vanilla and beat just until smooth.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans smoothing tops and bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack in pan, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- FILL AND FROST CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate,bottom side up.
- Frost with some of the cherry mousse, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364344-fresh-cherrie-mousse.
- Top with second layer of cake, bottom side up.
- Frost with more cherry mousse.
- Place third laer, top side up.
- Frost entire cake with remaining g mousse.
- Garnish cake with chocolate shavings, cherries and sprinkles. Chill cake at least 2 hours before cutting to allow mousse c to set back up.