sausage stuffed bell pepper. Cut off the top quarter of each bell pepper and reserve. Scoop the seeds and veins out from the inside of each pepper and discard. Slice off tops of bell peppers, then remove the membranes and seeds and discard.
Stuffed green peppers with rice and sausage in cheesy tomato sauce. Cooked these the other day, and they turned out great! Stuffed some bell peppers with sausage we made from wild hogs we've caught and cheese on top! You can have sausage stuffed bell pepper using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of sausage stuffed bell pepper
- You need of ingredients.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 3 each of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1 each of jalapeno pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel or anise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mrs. dash table blend.
- It’s 1 each of small onion.
- It’s 1 each of celery stick.
- You need 1 each of cut up bell pepper top.
- Prepare 1 each of garlic to taste.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 1 of sauce.
Try this Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe, or contribute your own. Sprinkle the crust over each pepper. Place the peppers in a shallow pan and add just enough water to cover the bottom. These sausage stuffed peppers are simple to make and packed with flavor from the Italian sausage, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and garlic.
sausage stuffed bell pepper instructions
- 1can/jar roasted red peppers.
- add garlic/onion/celery/jalapeno to taste.
- 3 chopped fresh mushrooms.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- add sauce ingredients to food processor till well blended.
- cut top off of green peppers and clean out seeds and membrane boil peppers for 7-10 minutes.
- while peppers are boiling ,brown the sausage adding and remaining ingredients..
- prepare rice according to package.
- when sausage is done combine rice and red pepper sauce.
- stuff half pepper with sausage mixture add 1 tbp of red pepper sauce and some shredded cheese if desired?.
- stuff the rest of the pepper in the same fashion.
- finishing off with sauce and cheese.
- preheat oven to 350degress.
- place peppers in oven safe pan ,add some water to pan to make steam! cover and heat for 30 min or to temp..
Try my easy stuffed pepper soup or my Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup. Crumble the sausage with a wooden spoon (or the potato masher). Stuffed bell pepper recipes are a great portion control meal that can easily be made ahead of time. A basic filling usually includes ground meat, rice, tomato This time around I stuffed the bell peppers with brown rice, lean turkey Italian sausage, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Stuffed bell peppers with rice, hot Italian sausage, aromatics, and topped with melty cheese.