Nasi goreng or savoury rice. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. Nasi Goreng is just an exotic name for Fried Rice.so we hear! But it is amazing how the flavor is different for other Fried Rice.
Spoon the nasi goreng onto warmed plates. Overlap the cucumber and tomato on the side of each plate, sprinkle over the crispy fried onions and serve with prawn crackers. Make Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) when you have leftover rice! You can cook Nasi goreng or savoury rice using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nasi goreng or savoury rice
- It’s 3 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 1 cup of brown rice.
- Prepare 2 of medium tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of mixed peppers.
- It’s 4 of green leaves, ie cabbage or greens.
- You need 1 of large leak.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 2 stick of celery.
- You need 4 of small sausages, spanish in this case.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 8 of mushrooms.
- You need 1 of any left over veg or meat.
- You need 1 of seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of spice of choice.
- You need 1 of soy sauce. to taste.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Add shrimp, chicken or make it a vegetarian meal and toss in some fresh vegetables instead. Nasi Goreng is simply fried rice. It's considered the national dish of Indonesia. In a country where nothing is wasted, leftover rice from the.
Nasi goreng or savoury rice instructions
- Cook rice and rinse and leave to drain..
- In a large frying pan or paella dish add onion and leaks with a drop of oil and fry on medium to low heat.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add carrots and any other root veg, fry for a few mins while you prepare the other soft veg..
- Add peppers toms and green leaves and mushrooms etc.
- Add meat, bacon, chicken etc.
- Add spice and herbs of choice. I used cajun spice and soy sauce. Stir fry until hard veg softened, you could steam hard veg before adding.
- Add rice to pan and stir fry untill well mixed..
- Taste and season..
- Serve and enjoy.
This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. It is very easy to make Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid. Nasi goreng/fried rice is a popular dish in Southeast Asia. This recipe is an Indonesian version of fried rice served with fried egg.