Homemade Shepherds Pie.
You can have Homemade Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Shepherds Pie
- You need of onion.
- Prepare of hamburger.
- It’s of large potatoes.
- You need of whole kernel corn.
- You need of cream cheese.
- Prepare of cup of milk.
- Prepare of 13×9 cake aluminum cake tin.
- It’s of shredded four cheese, cheese.
Homemade Shepherds Pie step by step
- Peel the potatoes so there's no skin. Then cut them into medium cubes..
- Take an onion and chop it into tiny pieces..
- Cook the 2.25 lbs of hamburger with the chopped onions in the hamburger as you're browning it. Takes about 7 minutes to brown the meat with the tiny pieces of onion for flavor..
- While you're browning the hamburger and onions, boil the cubes of the potatoes on another burner to save time. Boil until you take a piece of potato out and take a fork and see if it mashes easily with the fork. Takes about 10 minutes to make the potatoes soft enough to mash with a fork.
- After the meat is browned. Spread the hamburger at the bottom of the aluminum tin to make the bottom layer..
- Then strain the potatoes out of the pot. Then put the potatoes from the strainer into the pot you just used. Then put in the pot the 1/2 cup of milk and take a fork and mash the potatoes. Keep mashing with the fork and stirring the potatoes. When they're all mashed if it's not the consistency you want if you want it more watery then add more milk..
- After the potatoes are the right consistency, add the cream cheese not all at once but in bits and taste while you're adding to get the flavor of the potatoes that you want..
- Take the 2 cans of corn and make a layer of corn over the hamburger in the cake tin..
- Take the potatoes that taste the way you want and spread it on top of the corn. To make a layer that doesn't mix with the corn, pour the potatoes in clumps all over the corn and then carefully spread the potatoes to make the top layer..
- Take the 2 cups of shredded cheese and layer the top of the potatoes..
- Take the tin with the shepherds pie and put it in the oven at 325° for 20 minutes or longer if you want the potatoes browner..
- Then eat and enjoy. Great meal that doesn't take too long!!.