Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay. First on the list: the delicious pork satay I'd had at a night market on the north shore of Bali. We all know what satay is, right? Little chunks of marinated meat threaded onto bamboo skewers, grilled Keep the juice and discard the remaining pulp.
Our first food in Bali was this amazing place called "Sate babi bawah. Sate Lilit – Indonesian Minced Meat Satays. Introducing Sate Lilit: These bite-sized Balinese morsels are going to change your life. You can cook Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay
- It’s 250 g of pork fillet, cut into cubes.
- It’s 75 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 6 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal, bruised.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 30 gr of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Grind into a paste :.
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts.
- You need 2 cm of turmeric.
Made with minced pork (or tuna or chicken), these easy Balinese Satays are packed with a mouthwatering Balinese spice paste known as Basa Genap. This simple satay recipe, also known as Thai peanut sauce, can be used to accompany pork or chicken skewers, chicken stir-fry and other Oriental-style dishes. Sate is marinated meat skewered on sticks grilled to perfection and served with sauce. Kabob Recipes, Pork Recipes, Asian Recipes, Cooking Recipes, Pork Satay, Satay Recipe, Mie Goreng, Malay Food, Indonesian Food.
Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay instructions
- Sauté the paste ingredients and galangal with little oil. Put 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, tamarind, 1 tsp white pepper, salt, chili power, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaf and water. Cook until the sauce becomes rather thick. Take 2 tbsp of the sauce, put into a bowl and set aside (we gonna need this for basting mixture)..
- Cut the meat into cubes, rub with the sauce and put in a bowl. Cover the bowl and marinade in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Remove the meat from the bowl and thread meat cubes onto the skewers..
- Basting Mixture : Mix 2 tbsp of marinade sauce with 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper and melted butter..
- Brush the meat with basting mixture. Grill the satay until the meat color changed, then turn the satay over. Brush again the meat with basting mixture and continue grill the satay until the meat cooked..
- Serve with warm steamed rice and sambal..
These Indonesian inspired pork kebabs (Satay) are marinated in a lime, soy and brown sugar marinade, then grilled hot and fast. These not only make a great entree but an excellent appetizer. Indonesian Satay is traditionally made with beef or chicken, but I found that pork is rather tasty. Satay is a form of Indonesian BBQ in all reality. Every Island has its own way of prepping this meal.