Chocolate Raisin Chelsea Buns. Rub the butter into the flour until incorporated. Stir in the yeast and sugar. Mix the warm milk with the egg and pour into the flour.
Sift together the flour and salt. For the Filling. some chocolate chips. Lay each portion with the cut side down on the prepared baking pan. You can cook Chocolate Raisin Chelsea Buns using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Raisin Chelsea Buns
- Prepare 1.75 Cup of plain flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 40 grams of butter.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of dry yeast.
- You need 200 ml of warm milk.
- Prepare 75 grams of dark chocolate chopped.
- It’s 50 grams of raisins.
- You need 3 tbsp of maple syrup or honey.
Once the temperature is achieved, turn off the oven and place the baking pan inside. In a large bowl combine the flour and salt, then make a well in the center. Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into the center of the well. Place the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
Chocolate Raisin Chelsea Buns step by step
- Sprinkle dry yeast over warm milk and leave it aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder in a bowl. Rub in 25 grams of butter then stir in the yeast mixture and make the dough. Knead the dough for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- Turn out the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough lightly before rolling out to a rectangle. Melt the remaining butter and brush it over. Spread on top chopped chocolate and raisins evenly. Roll up tightly starting at the long edge. Cut into 12 equal slices..
- Place the cut slices on a greased baking tray. Cover and leave it aside for 30 minutes or until doubled in size..
- Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree for 30 minutes. Brush it with maple syrup while it is still hot..
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and turn it out on a wire rack then leave it to cool. Separate the burns and serve warm..
Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast. Like the cinnamon bun, which, thanks to the recent rash of Scandi worship, has stolen some limelight from the homegrown variety, the chelsea bun is a coiled dough filled with butter and sugar. Chelsea buns are a great batch-bake that are super easy to make and look great when all risen. I've made traditional buns before with raisins, cinnamon and sticky icing and other alternatives with dried cranberries and apricots. During my pregnancy I went off sweet foods, since then I've always tried to take classic sweet treats… How to make really easy chelsea buns,really nice and easy traditional recipe to follow with video how to.