Tenga choru Coconut rice. THENGA CHORU – COCONUT RICE KERALA STYLE #sumiskitchen #keralafoodrecipes #cooking #food #healthyfood #stayhomestaysafe Hello everyone, welcome to sumis. Thenga choru / Coconut rice was a popular Malabar rice variant before Biriyani conquered the Muslim kitchens. Its still prepared in most of the Kerala Muslim Stir the rice when pressure goes out and let the flame in simmer mode to dry if it is wet.
This delicious coconut rice is a cinch to make & tastes mind blowing if you have fresh grated coconut. Coconut rice is goes great with curry! Now, add the cashew nuts and stir until golden. You can have Tenga choru Coconut rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tenga choru Coconut rice
- Prepare 1 Cup of Basmati rice.
- You need 1 of coconut (scrapped).
- Prepare 1 of Onion sliced and fried.
- You need handful of Cashew.
- It’s 3-4 of Cloves.
- You need 8-10 of pepper corn.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s as needed of Oil to fry onion and cashew.
Coconut Rice is a typical dish that is sure to be relished by all those who like the rich, creamy flavour and texture of coconuts. Coconut Rice is a traditional rice preparation of south India. This Coconut Rice would make for an interesting vegetarian dish. MALABAR RICE RECIPES – THENGA CHORU AND CHAKKARA CHORU.
Tenga choru Coconut rice step by step
- Take scrapped coconut in mixie. Add half glass lukewarm water and run it for 10 minutes with few gap. After that strain the milk. That will be first Coconut milk..
- Run mixie again with half glass of water. Strain it. That will be second coconut milk..
- Take basmati rice, wash it. In cooker, add ghee, pepper, cloves and bay leaves. After that add rice (without water). Roast it on low flame..
- On other side, in pan take oil. Fry cashew. Once it is turn slightly red take out from oil. Same oil, fry onion – keep it in side..
- Once basmati rice roasted, add second coconut milk and cook it on medium heat. Once milk evaporated add first milk, salt and turmeric and mix it properly..
- Cook it on low flame for another 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with fried onion and cashew. Serve with onion raita..
Chakkara choru (jaggery rice) is one of the popular traditional Malabar rice recipes which is prepared during special occasions like Bara'ath nombu day in Muslim households. Coconut Rice (Thengai Sadam) – This is the simplest of all variety rice dishes that goes well with any veg or non veg side dishes. Coconut rice is one of South Indian's favorite rice dishes made often for quick lunch or lunch box or festive meals. Coconut rice is an easy and flavorful rice dish made with fresh grated coconut, tempering spices, curry leaves and rice. Nei Choru Recipe with step by step pics – Aromatic savory rice dish made with rice, ghee & spices.