Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber. Tofu is one of those foods that sparks debate. Some can't rave enough about its health benefits, while Tofu is a food made of condensed soy milk that is pressed into solid white blocks in a process. Tofu, also tōfu (the Japanese Romaji spelling), doufu (the Chinese Pinyin spelling often used in Chinese recipes) or bean curd (the literal translation), is a food of Chinese origin, made by coagulating soy milk, and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks.
Tofu: Either you love it, or you haven't had it prepared well. Buddhist monks spread the good word about tofu across Japan and Korea, and a few centuries later, the protein made its way to the US. Tofu rich in protein helps in weight management, preventing anemia & osteoporosis & lowering cholesterol levels. You can have Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber
- You need of Rice.
- It’s 2 of pak choi.
- Prepare 20 ml of soy sauce.
- It’s 12 sprigs of fresh coriander.
- It’s 20 g of sesame seeds.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s of Sweet and sour cucumber.
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Tofu marinade.
- Prepare 400 g of tofu.
- It’s 4 cm of ginger.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of ketjap.
- It’s 20 ml of soy sauce.
- It’s of Sambal.
Tofu is rich in calcium, iron & anticancer properties.
Tofu & Grilled Pak Choi & Sweet and Sour Cucumber instructions
- Cut the cucumber into small cubes and mix in a bowl with the white wine or rice vinegar and sugar. Let the sweet and sour absorb, occasionally toss..
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the ginger with a fine grater. Press the garlic or chop finely. In a small bowl mix the soy sauce with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, ketjap and sambal to taste. Mix 3/4 of the marinade with the tofu cubes..
- Cut the pak choi lengthwise. Coarsely chop the coriander..
- Heat half of the sunflower oil in a skillet or grill pan with a lid over medium heat. Place the pak choi with the cut side down in the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes. Pour 20 ml soy sauce and 1 tbsp water per person over the pak choi, and steam with the lid on the pan for another 4-5 minutes, or until soft..
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet, without butter or oil, over medium heat and fry the sesame seeds until golden brown. Remove from the pan and store separately. Add the remaining sunflower oil to the pan and fry the marinated tofu cubes for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Serve the rice with the grilled pak choi, the sweet and sour cucumber and the tofu cubes. Garnish with the sesame seeds, the remaining marinade and the coriander. Enjoy! :).