PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal). Place the simmered water spinach on a plate, then top it with the sambal. Lastly, add lime juice on top to elevate the flavor. This spicy water spinach salad or what they call plecing kangkung in Lombok is loaded with flavor.
Plecing Kangkung is a refreshing salad that contains kangkung (water spinach) and mung bean sprouts with sambal and grated coconut as the Water spinach is quite popular green vegetables in Asia. Plecing Kangkung, Mie Kangkung Jakarta (Chicken Noodles with Water Spinach), Cah. Plecing kangkung is an Indonesian spicy water spinach dish made from Lombok island. You can have PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal) using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal)
- It’s 1 of bounch of kangkung (water spinach) about 200grams.
- Prepare 1 of tomatoe.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste (terasi/belacan).
- Prepare 1 of large shallot.
- You need 11 of bird's eye chilli (deepen on your spicy level).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of fresh lime.
- You need of Water for boiling.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
Plecing kangkung made from blanched kangkung leaf (Ipomoea aquatica) served cold with plecing sambal, made from ground red chili pepper, shallots, garlic, burned bird's eye chili, candlenut, kaffir lime. Kangkong or water spinach is one of the very familiar green leafy vegetables used in the South and South-East Asian cuisine. Its gently sweet, mucilaginous, succulent leaves and stems are very much sought-after in the salads, braised and stir-fries. Botanically this fast-growing leafy vegetable belongs.
PLECING KANGKUNG (Water spinach with Sambal) step by step
- Bring water to boil, add 2 tsp of salt. Boil kangkung for 3 – 4 minutes. Strain the water and set aside..
- In a mortar blend together tomato, chilies, garlic, shalot, terasi with some water. (if you make a lots just use blender or food processor, easy way). Add salt and sugar. Pour the cooked sambal on top of kangkung. Add freshly squeezed lime juice before serving..
Kangkung is Ipomoea aquatica, a semiaquatic plant that grows in swamps. It is called kangkong in Filipino, rau muống in Pour in about three tablespoonfuls of water and cook for about two minutes. Water Spinach or Water Morning Glory is a semiaquatic, tropical plant that flourishes in water and moist soil. In Southeast Asia, this vegetable is Stir-fried Sambal Kangkong (Kangkung Belacan in Malay, 马来风光 Ma Lai Feng Guang in Mandarin) is a very popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia. Plecing kangkung is a spicy water spinach dish made from Lombok island, Indonesia.