Chocolate chip banana oat muffins. These muffins are filled with oats, whole wheat flour, and bananas, and make an easy breakfast that is filling and healthy. Although I will admit that I would still happily eat one of these banana oatmeal muffins without the chocolate chips too. It's always a debate what to make with ripe bananas when.
These easy healthy banana oat muffins are a fantastic breakfast or snack and are perfect for lunchboxes. They're a hit with kids and adults alike. If you love banana bread, you will LOVE these healthy banana muffins. You can have Chocolate chip banana oat muffins using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate chip banana oat muffins
- Prepare of rolled oats.
- It’s of plain yogurt.
- Prepare of ripe banana.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of flax meal (ground flax).
- It’s of cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of Chocolate chips (or go crazy for even more chocolatey goodness and make it 3/4 – 1 cup).
The added chocolate chips take these muffins to a whole new level. You know, like baking muffins with fresh strawberries, sweet bananas, healthy oats, and a bit of chocolate chips? To make these muffins healthy, I didn't use any added sugar. Instead, ripe bananas and a smidge of honey sweeten it up naturally.
Chocolate chip banana oat muffins instructions
- Grease bottom and sides of muffin tins..
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- In a food processor blend all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth..
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips..
- Fill muffn tins with batter equally. Bake 15-20 minutes til set, risen and light golden brown. Touching the top of the muffin with your finger should not leave indentation when baked through..
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins. Enjoy warm!.
Oh and there's only a tablespoon of olive oil. Contact. Home » Recipes » Muffins ». I am not a fan of dry muffins and these could never be accused of being dry. When you press them down, they actually spring up rather than crumble. In this recipe you will learn how to make fluffy and moist banana and chocolate chip muffins.