You can have Twisted doughnuts: using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Twisted doughnuts:
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour + some extra for dusting.
- You need 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of & 1/2 tsp dry yeast.
- Prepare 5 Tbsp of white sugar (divided).
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of corn oil or any vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
Twisted doughnuts: instructions
- 🌻Make the coating: Add 3 Tbsp sugar and the cinnamon powder in a bowl mix well. Set aside..
- 🌻Make the dough: First melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.Remove from heat and add milk, 2 Tbsp sugar. Mix well until everything is well dissolved. Crack an egg into the saucepan and mix well. Add the yeast and stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes..
- Take a large bowl. Add 3 cups flour and salt mix well then add milk mixture mix with a wooden spoon. When everything is well mixed, use your hand to knead the dough for a few minutes, and shape it into a big ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise until it double in size..
- After that knead the dough for a few minutes more until it’s soft and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap again and let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour until it double in size again..
- 🌻Roll out the doughnuts: Uncover the dough and knead it for a few minutes. Put little bit flour on the floured surface and Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces. Take a piece of dough and roll it out on your cutting board so it forms a rope 10 inches long and ½ inch in diameter. If it’s sticky, sprinkle some flour on the area you’re working in. When you roll out the dough, move one hand upward and the other downward so that the rope is twisted in between your hands as you roll it..
- Take the dough off the board, hold it and bring the ends together. The tension in the dough will twist it as it hangs. You can add as much tension as you like, Repeat with the rest of the pieces of dough. Cover and let the doughnuts expand for about 30 minutes..
- 🌻Fry the doughnuts: Heat up 4 inches of oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat, Lower the heat to medium heat, then gently set each doughnut into the hot oil by hand. Be careful not to get your hands too close to the oil. Add as many pieces to the oil as your skillet will allow, enough so the doughnuts can sit in the oil without pushing against each other..
- Cook for about 5 minutes, occasionally gently flipping them over with tongs, until they get crunchy outside and are evenly golden brown. Strain the cooked doughnuts. Put them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Coat well till until they are evenly coated. This is best done when the doughnuts are still warm. Repeat this with all the doughnuts until they are all cooked and coated. 🌻Serve Serve hot. You can freeze any leftovers for 3-4 days..