Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung). Village style fried rice otherwise known as Nasi Goreng Kampung is a Malay styled fried rice. It is commonly cooked using leftover rice. However, you can also use freshly cooked rice as well.
Nasi goreng kampung is a variation of nasi goreng in Malaysia and Singapore, the distinguished ingredient used are dried anchovies and prawns Nasi goreng is prevalent in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, it is notable from other types of Asian fried rice with its substantial quantity of kecap. Nasi goreng means fried rice in Indonesian and Malay language. It is cooked with a chili paste consisting of bird's-eye chili, shallot, garlic, belacan (a local shrimp paste) In this article, I will explain how to prepare the nasi goreng famous in Malaysia called nasi goreng kampung (village fried rice). You can cook Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung)
- You need 300 gr of white rice.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten, then fried and scrambled.
- Prepare 4 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of candlenut, shaved/puree.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried shrimp paste, toasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of SPRINKLED GARNISH:.
- You need 10 gr of anchovies, fried.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne peppers (to taste), thinly sliced.
Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! Easy spicy anchovy fried rice, one of the famous Malaysian fried rice, also known as nasi goreng kampung. This easy spicy anchovy fried rice is known as nasi goreng kampung in Malaysia.
Village Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kampung) instructions
- Saute garlic, shallots and candlenut until fragrant. Add white rice and egg, stir briefly..
- Add pepper powder, dried shrimp paste and sweet soy sauce. Stir so that all ingredients are well blended..
- Serve fried rice with a sprinkling of fried anchovies and sliced cayenne pepper..
It's a simple fried rice with Malaysian traditional taste that surely has a special. When I was in Johor Bahru doing my teacher's training stint, I had Ainur, a Malay and Ting, a Sarawakian as my housemates. But hahaha, we are happy together and most of all, we clicked!! Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. how to prepare fried rice, chinese style. This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel.