Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado). Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and "tasty" in the same sentence and really mean it. That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly.
This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado , meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut The dish these hawkers are making, gado-gado , is true to its name, which means "potpourri." The salad lends itself to creativity; nearly any combination. This is a simplified version of the splendid Indonesian salad called gado gado, which along with satay is practically a national dish, often served with crunchy shrimp crackers. It uses shortcut ingredients in the sauce–peanut butter, curry paste–to speed things along. You can have Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado)
- You need of Vegetables (ex:carrot,lettuce,bean sprout,tomato,cucumber etc).
- Prepare of Boiled potato.
- You need of Rice cake (lontong).
- You need of Hard boiled egg.
- It’s of Fried tofu.
- Prepare of Fried tempeh.
- Prepare of Tapioca crackers (krupuk).
- It’s of Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder or paprika powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of tamarind paste or to taste.
- Prepare 100 gr of coconut sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Ground white pepper.
- It’s 150 gr of natural peanut butter (no salt/sugar added).
- You need 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- You need of Note :.
- Prepare of If you don't have peanut butter, use 200 gr ground fried peanut.
- You need of If you don't have coconut sugar, use granulated sugar.
For a spicier dressing, stir in sambal. It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg An Indonesian-inspired bowl made with brown rice, vegetables, and spicy peanut sauce. Incredibly customizable and perfect for a simple, basic yet. And so, in reading "gado gado," or "gado²" the translation could be roughly interpreted as "you This is a light and refreshing salad popular in many parts of Indonesia.
Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) step by step
- Cut/slice the vegetables as you like. Set aside..
- Cut the remaining ingredients (potato, rice cake, egg, tofu, tempe) as you like..
- How to make Peanut Sauce Dressing : fry the garlic clove until golden brown..
- Put fried garlic, chili powder, peanut butter, coconut milk and water in the blender. Blend all together until smooth..
- Pour it into a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat..
- Add coconut sugar, salt and sugar..
- Stir until it bubbles. Add tamarind paste..
- Keep stirring it until it boils hard and looks oily. If it hasn't looked oily, keep stirring it and lower the heat down. Make sure to taste it and add sugar/salt/tamarind if needed..
- When the peanut sauce is ready, cool it down..
- How to serve : Put veggies and everything else, except the crackers, onto a serving plate. Drizzle the peanut sauce as much as you like 😊. Put the crackers on top. Enjoy. (The best way to eat it is to mix everything all together)..
I suspect it is of Javanese origin Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine the peanuts and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Gado-gado is part of a wide range of Indonesian dressing and salad combinations, along with lotek, pecel and karedok. In many places, to retain authenticity in both the production and flavour, the peanut sauce is made in individual batches per order, in front of the customers to suit customers' personal. A traditional and super easy Indonesian salad with peanut satay sauce.