Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings). Gado-gado is an Indonesian traditional salad with peanut dressing. Originally made from some boiled vegetables such as spinach, water spinach, cabbage, long. This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado , meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce.
Aisha Nanor Martin's spicy Indonesian salad has it all; crunchy vegetables, boiled eggs, chilli peanut sauce, fresh coriander, fried tofu and a sprinkling of prawn crackers for added crunch. Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. You can have Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings)
- You need of Lontong (Indonesian rice cake).
- You need 2 of medium potato, boiled, peeled, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 of medium cucumber, cut into small chunks.
- It’s 150 gr of bean sprouts, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- It’s 200 gr of long beans, trimmed, cut into 1.5 inches pieces, boiled or baby spinach, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- It’s 2 pieces of fried tofu, cut into small chunks.
- It’s 2 pieces of fried soy bean cake, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 8 sheets of lettuce, cut.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 tsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind juice, from 1 tsp wet tamarind mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- It’s 200 ml of instant coconut milk.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves, cut away the bones.
- You need 200 gr of peanuts, fried, ground.
- You need of For the ground spices:.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of red peppers.
- Prepare 1 inch of cutchery.
- It’s of For the complement:.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, divided by 8.
- Prepare 2 of hard cooked large eggs, peeled, halved.
- Prepare of Emping (Indonesian chips).
- It’s of Indonesian crispy crackers.
- Prepare of Chili sauce (made of 8 bird eyes chili peppers and 4 cloves garlic, boiled, drained, ground).
This is an Indonesian Gado Gado with a fabulous peanut sauce that is true to the authentic flavours but easier to make. Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and "tasty" in the same. I used my food processor to make the sauce which was very easy and turned out great. For those of you who are not familiar with some of the ingredients used in the sauce, I'm posting some photos of the key ingredients below.
Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) step by step
- Heat the vegetable oil. Sauté ground spices and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add ground peanuts. Mix well..
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Keep stirring constantly until boiling..
- Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Arrange rice cake chunks, boiled potato, cucumber, bean sprouts, spinach, fried tofu, fried soy bean cake, and lettuce on a plate. Pour some sauce. Serve with the complement! 😋.
This is a light and refreshing salad popular in many parts of Indonesia. Gado-gado can be made for pescetarianisms or pesco vegetarianisms who still consume fish and seafood; it can also be consumed by lacto-ovo vegetarians who include eggs and dairy products in their diet. Also, you can go for vegan by omitting dried shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi/trassi. We loved Gado-Gado which is Indonesian but the Malay love it also and it is seen on many restaurant menus throughout the country. I love Gado-Gado and this is a very good recipe.