Indonesian Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Gado-Gado). Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and "tasty" in the same sentence and really mean it. That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly.
This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. Indonesian gado gado is a mixure of steamed and fresh vegetables with proteins and a deliciously creamy peanut sauce topping. Gado-gado (Indonesian or Betawi) is an Indonesian salad of slightly boiled, blanched or steamed vegetables and hard-boiled eggs, boiled potato, fried tofu and tempeh, and lontong (rice wrapped in a banana leaf), served with a peanut sauce dressing. You can cook Indonesian Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Gado-Gado) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Gado-Gado)
- You need 50 gr of Bean sprouts. Remove the roots.
- You need 150 gr of Green beans. Discard both ends, break in half.
- Prepare 200 gr of Peeled carots. Cut into pieces like a matchstick.
- You need 200 gr of Potatos. Cut into cubes.
- You need 1 pack of Tofu. Chop into pieces.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 200 gr of Peeled peanuts. Roasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 200 cc of Coconut milk.
It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg An Indonesian-inspired bowl made with brown rice, vegetables, and spicy peanut sauce. Incredibly customizable and perfect for a simple, basic yet. Just like this recipe for Indonesian Gado Gado with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Gado Gado (literally meaning 'mix mix' in Indonesian) Inspired by all the incredible versions of Gado Gado out there, we decided to create our own mix mix of ingredients and pile up the veggies for a deliciously healthy salad.
Indonesian Salad w/ Peanut Sauce (Gado-Gado) instructions
- Crush the roasted peanuts with a food processor until it become peanut powder..
- Boil the peanut powder with coconut milk, brown sugar and salt. Cook until boiling, lift and set aside..
- Boil the potatos, eggs, and all veges until cooked. Fry the tofu..
- Put all veges, tofu, and eggs on plates. Pour it with the peanut sauce on top. Enjoy it with sweet soy sauce and your favourit crackers..
Gado-gado (in Indonesian or Betawi language), also known as Lotek (in Sundanese and Javanese) is an Indonesian dish or Indonesian salad consisting of boiled vegetables served with a peanut sauce dressing. It is differed from lotek atah or karedok for its fresh and raw version of the vegetable covered. Aisha Nanor Martin's spicy Indonesian salad has it all; crunchy vegetables, boiled eggs, chilli peanut sauce, fresh coriander, fried tofu and a sprinkling of prawn crackers for added crunch. I'm very excited to introduce you to another non-Korean recipe There are many regional variation for gado-gado, just like Korean kimchi. Mariska created her own cooking Making gado-gado sauce is very easy if you use a food processor like I did.