Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam). Soto ayam is a yellow spicy chicken soup with lontong or nasi himpit or ketupat (all compressed rice that is then cut into small cakes) and/or vermicelli or noodles, it is from Indonesia, and popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname. Di video ini saya share resep anak soto ayam enak dan simpel. Mungkin sudah banyak sekali resep soto ayam di chanel-chanel lain.
Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments. Turmeric is the ingredient that makes yellow, coupled with spices like. You can have Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- You need 1 of whole kampong chicken, take out the skin (optional but i prefer less oily soup).
- Prepare of boiled eggs.
- It’s of shredded cabbage (boil a while till soften).
- You need of beansprout (boil a while, try not to overcook it).
- Prepare glass of noodle/mung bean noodle (boil till softened).
- Prepare of tomatoes (cut into pieces).
- You need of spring onion (for garnish).
- It’s of fried shallot (for garnish).
- It’s of lime, sweet soya sauce and chilli.
- You need of Put in the blender to make a paste (spices paste) :.
- Prepare 8 of shallots.
- You need 4 of garlics.
- You need 4 cm of fresh turmeric (i used turmeric powder as i dont have the fresh one at home, but my soup looks a bit pale).
- It’s 4 cm of fresh ginger.
- You need 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corriander seeds.
- Prepare of Additional spices: (no need to put in blender).
- You need 2 pcs of bay leaves.
- It’s 5 pcs of lime leaves.
- You need 4 stalks of lemongrass (smashed).
It is like chicken soup but the broth is yellow because of turmeric. It is served with glass noodles, fried or boiled potatoes, chicken, fried onions Because of slices of hard boiled egg used in Soto Ayam, it reminds me more of Japanese Ramen than the traditional American or Indonesian Chicken Soup. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online.
Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) instructions
- Homemade chilli (super spicy): 10 chilli padi, cut into small pieces. Boil chopped chillies in a little bit of water till very soft, reserve the water (do not let the water to dry up, otherwise will get burnt). Mashed with fork. Add salt, sugar, chicken seasoning powder to taste..
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir fry the paste spices till fragrant. Add in the remaining spices (bay leaves, lime leaves and lemongrass). Stir fry for an additional 2-3 mins..
- Boil about 4 lt of water. Add the chicken and the all the spices (paste and remaining spices). Cooked till chicken is soft. (stove pressure cooker about 15 mins, no pressure cooker maybe an hour).
- Add salt, pepper, chicken seasoning to taste..
- To serve: In a bowl, arrange the glass noddle, cabbage, bean sprout, chopped tomatoes, boiled egg, shredded chicken meat, spring onion, fried shallots, and pour the soup over it. We like to add: black sweet soya sauce, lime and chilli 🙂 Enjoy!.
In Indonesia, this dish is called Soto Resah. The yellow-color soup is infused with coconut milk, turmeric and spices. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. This is seriously tasty noodle soup. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands.