Sambal Trasi/Terasi (Indonesian Shrimp Paste Chili Sauce). In Indonesia, shrimp paste is called "terasi" while in Singapore and Malaysia it is called "belacan". So the terms Sambal Terasi and Sambal Belachan can actually be used interchangeably. In Indonesia, shrimp paste is called "terasi" while in Singapore and Malaysia it is called "belacan".
SAMBAL :indonesian chilli paste or dressing, serve as a side dishes for the main meal we're back again on SAMBAL SESSION!!! as you guys know mostly. Sambal or chili paste is very popular in Indonesia. We, Indonesian people, like to eat spicy food a lot, and I must say that maybe we have the most This recipe of chili paste is a perfect companion for some of Indonesian traditional dishes, such as yellow (turmeric) fried chicken, grilled chicken in sweet. You can have Sambal Trasi/Terasi (Indonesian Shrimp Paste Chili Sauce) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal Trasi/Terasi (Indonesian Shrimp Paste Chili Sauce)
- Prepare 8 of chili peppers (jalapeno or serano) take out the seeds if you’re not a spicy food lover and cut into 3.
- It’s 3 of birds eye chilies (optional-only if you really like it very spicy).
- Prepare 8 cloves of shallots.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of trasi/terasi (shrimp paste).
- Prepare 1 of big tomato, divide in 8.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s of some salt.
Sambal terasi (or sambal belacan) is Indonesian chili sauce made from a mix of chilies, shallots, garlic, tomato, palm sugar, and most Terasi/belacan/shrimp paste is a block of fermented tiny shrimps (we call this rebon in Indonesian) with dark chocolate color and quite naturally, very sticky. Sambal is an Indonesian chili sauce or paste typically made from a mixture of a variety of chili peppers with secondary ingredients such as shrimp paste, garlic, ginger, shallot, scallion, palm sugar. Sambal terasi / sambal belacan is one of the quintessential condiments or ingredients in Southeast Asia. It is perfect to serve on the side or to use it as an Basically a basic spicy chili sauce (sambal) made with red chilies, shallots, garlic, tomatoes are mixed with terasi for an extra punch of flavor.
Sambal Trasi/Terasi (Indonesian Shrimp Paste Chili Sauce) instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry chili peppers, birds eye chilies, tomato, shallots, garlic, and trasi/terasi (shrimp paste) until fragrant. Remove from the heat..
- Grind them in a stone mortar or pestle..
- Add coconut sugar and salt as to taste..
- Serve with your choice of dish! 😋😋😋.
- Note: If you don’t have a mortar or a pestle, you can always use a handy chopper to save your time. I did ☝🏻 and it still tastes as delicious 😋.
- Indonesian stone mortar.
Sambal Terasi (Dried Shrimp Chili Sauce ). "Sambal" or "sambel"(in Javanese) is some kind of hot relish served as "sauce-like" with food. In it's natural and original taste, sambal are hot and highly flavoured. Shrimp paste Chili Sauce: Sweet delicious hot. Sambal Terasi has a tangy and strong flavor. This sauce is one of the more common types of Indonesian style Sambal.