Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel). A perfect side dish for Soto (see link below), and Jaklin's Spicy Vegan Vegetable Curry (also see link below). Bite sized and flavoursome they are the. Perkedel kentang (Indonesian potato fritters) is a ubiquitous everyday side dish in Indonesian, and is popular for lunch, dinner, or even as snacks!
Most common perkedel are made from mashed potatoes, yet there are other popular variants which includes perkedel jagung. These potato cakes are great with any meal or as a snack. Simple and quick to make with only a few ingredients. You can have Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel)
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Scallions.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
Made one batch and it still very much like fried potatoes and sort of bland. So I added some shakes of garlic powder, paprika, added another egg and some grated cheese in the next batch. Begedil / Perkedel (Fried Potato Patty with Fish) is a recipe I learning several years ago. A group of us ladies were invited by a friend to her house for post-Bible Study fellowship, which we jokingly refer to as 'Fei Lo Ship' ( 'Fat Man's Ship' in Cantonese).
Fried Potato Cakes (Perkedel) instructions
- Clean and cut the potatoes into small pieces, then fry until it's softened, but not completely fried.
- Slice the scallions into thin slices.
- Smash the fried potatoes and add scallions, salt and lots of pepper, let it cool down a little bit before adding the egg.
- Once it's cool, add the egg and mix them well.
- Preheat a pan with some oil, form the mixture into round or oval shape then fry them until it's golden brown.
- Do not flip over until one side is Cooked.
- Remove from the oil, place it on wax paper or kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve it as your morning or afternoon Snacks.
Potato Patties or perkedel kentang is Indonesian mashed potatoes patties. The word perkedel was derrived from Dutch frikadel. Shallots, garlic, candlenuts, nutmeg, white pepper, chopped Chinese celery are added into mashed potatoes mixture, then shaped into patties. Padang-Style Mashed Potato Fritters (Perkedel Kenteng). To make these crisp-crusted fritters, mashed potatoes blended with pan-fried shallots and freshly grated nutmeg are dipped in beaten egg and fried.