Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis. Martabak Manis is one kind of pancake for Indonesian people. Usually it is made with iron pan, and it is very greasy and fatty (but it tastes nyummy!) Martabak Manis is an Indonesian style thick pancake with some filling inside. You can change the filling with anything that you like.
Top with hazelnut spread, chocolate chips or. Well basically martabak manis has similarities with pancake; made from flour, eggs, butter, baking soda, milk and yeast. The difference is, martabak manis is thicker, larger in size and has different kind of texture and filling. You can have Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis
- Prepare 150 gr of Plain Flour high fibre.
- You need 50 gr of Caster sugar.
- Prepare tbs of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbs of Vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tbs of milk powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbs of baking soda.
- It’s of Almond flake.
- Prepare of Toblerone.
- It’s of Cheese.
The common filling is a combination of custer sugar, chocolate sprinkles. HeyTheresia – Indonesian Food & Travel Blogger. Share Recipes To Cook, Places To Eat, Destinations To Go, and Go Local. Once it's done, transfer immediately onto a cutting board.
Indonesian Thick Pancake / Martabak Manis step by step
- Mixed flour, salt, caster sugar and water 200ml. Mixed egg, baking powder, baking soda, water 100ml. Mixed together. Set aside for 1 hour then put in the pan, low heat..
- Leave it until the bubble came out into the surface then springkle with sugar..
- Prepare your filling. You can use as in the recipe or you can just adjust with your taste like using Nutella, Toblerone, Cadbury, cream cheese and Oreo..
Spread the butter, add topping of your choice, fold the martabak, spread tiny amount of butter on top, and cut. Martabak is a stuffed pancake or thick pan-fried bread and is a common street food in Indonesia. Made with coconut milk, yeast, eggs, flour and other dry ingredients, these martabak are thick, fluffy, and carry a slight coconut flavor. A creamy chocolate filling featuring peanuts runs through the mi. Martabak or Murtabak or Mutabbaq is a stuffed pancake or pan-fried bread which is commonly found in Saudi Arabia (especially the Tihamah and the Hejaz regions), Yemen, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Thailand.