Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica. Ayam rica-rica is one of Indonesian culinary, precisely from Manado, North Sulawesi. The similarities are simply the spicy taste and red color from red chilies. As I choose red chilies and ginger as the main spices for Indonesian spicy chicken, you also could use those ingredients for this recipe.
It is made up of chicken that cooked in spicy red and green chili pepper. The origin of this dish is from Minahasan cuisine of North Sulawesi. Learn how to make tasty ayam rica rica with a pressure cooker or on the stove. You can have Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica
- Prepare of Chicken Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- It’s 1 of breast slices long & 1 leg (cut few pieces).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of himalayan salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chicken Knorr.
- It’s of Blends in chopper (not too smooth).
- It’s 10 of red chillies.
- You need 4 of shallots (I slice some of them too).
- It’s 4 of garlics.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1 of candlenut (optional).
- You need 1-1.5 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Rest of ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass cut in two.
- It’s 2 of kafir limes, dont use the stem.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of corriander leaves – slices thin.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes – cut square.
- It’s 3 of spring onion – slices thin.
- You need 1 of plastic basil – dont use the stem.
- You need 1 of pandan leaves.
- You need 500 litre of water.
- You need 3-4 of tbsl Oil or as needed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar or less.
- You need 1 tsp of himalayan salt.
- You need 1 of stock chicken cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s of Optional: 5 red chillies.
I really don't know how it was started but if you take away chili peppers from my life… Ayam means chicken and rica means hot spicy. Ayam rica rica is originated in the city of Manado in the island of Sulawesi. Ayam rica-rica is specialty chicken dish from the city of Manado in Indonesia North Sulawesi. Rica means chili in North Sulawesi language, so ayam rica-rica translates to chicken with chili sauce.
Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica instructions
- Prepare wok, put some oil. When its hot, fry the chicken (skin down in wok). It doesnt need to cooked through, just make sure all looks bit brown outside. Set aside.
- With the same oil, throw in the blended stuff, stir fry in medium high for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemongrass, bayleaves, kafir limes, pandan and corriander leaves. Stir fry till colour change to bright. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the water, stir well and add the chicken. Stir well again and leave this in medium heat for about 20 minutes (add thai chillies here if you used it)..
- When the water start to evaporate, put the tomatoes, salt, sugar, white pepper, chicken cube. Taste it and cook for another 15 minutes. You be able to tell as the colour will change and its thicker..
- Last, when you happy with the taste, add the spring onion and basil, stir well and turn it off. Enjoy 😉.
If you love bold, spicy, fresh, and citrusy dishes, you will definitely love ayam rica-rica. This Ayam (chicken) can be pre-cooked and placed on the grill and served with the rica rica (the spicy sauce). You can also simmer the chicken until fully cooked if you prefer. I have most of the ingredients growing in my backyard and all I had to buy was the chicken and tomatoes. Chicken Duck Ayam Bebek Beef Pork Sapi Babi Fish Shrimp Udang Egg Tofu Telur Tahu Rice Pasta Potato Nasi Mi Kentang Soup Sayur Cake Kue.