Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce). Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables – raw or cooked!
Aisha Nanor Martin's spicy Indonesian salad has it all; crunchy vegetables, boiled eggs, chilli peanut sauce, fresh coriander, fried tofu and a sprinkling of prawn crackers for added crunch. Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. You can have Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce)
- You need of bunch of kangkung (you can replace with spinach or).
- It’s of sprouts.
- It’s of Cabbage.
- You need of Cucumber.
- You need of tofu.
- You need of Lime juice.
- Prepare of palm sugar.
- Prepare of peanuts.
- You need of chillies.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of Egg(s).
- You need of Water.
It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg An Indonesian-inspired bowl made with brown rice, vegetables, and spicy peanut sauce. Incredibly customizable and perfect for a simple, basic yet. Gado-gado (Indonesian or Betawi) is an Indonesian salad of slightly boiled, blanched or steamed vegetables and hard-boiled eggs, boiled potato, fried tofu and tempeh, and lontong (rice wrapped in a banana leaf), served with a peanut sauce dressing. Indonesian gado gado is a mixure of steamed and fresh vegetables with proteins and a deliciously creamy peanut sauce topping.
Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) step by step
- Fry the peanuts untill it gets brownish.
- While frying your peanuts. Boil all your vegetables along with the egg(s). Watch it out, don't let it overcooked :D.
- After you're done with the peanuts. Fry your tofu..
- Then. The peanut sauce… You can actually grind it for tastier taste. But I was kinda lazy that I chose to blend it using blender hehe. So put together the fried peanuts, palm sugar, chillies, pinch of salt and water. And blend it untill it is mixed. For the texture, keep it not too thick nor watery. So my advice is to pour the water little by little..
- Last thing is to put them together in one plate. Mix the peanut sauce with the boiled veggies and add little more taste with the lime juice..
Use a stick blender or food processor to briefly process the remaining sauce ingredients For more healthy recipes and expert diet advice go to www.healthyfood.com © Healthy Life media Limited. A traditional and super easy Indonesian salad with peanut satay sauce. Fabulous, delicious, and perfect for a healthy meatless Monday meal. Gado gado, literally translates to mean "mixed" in Indonesian, is a very popular dish in Indonesia. You can easily find a gado-gado seller on every.