Indonesian Peanut sauce (Bumbu pecel) with peanut butter. Peanut sauce, satay sauce, bumbu kacang, sambal kacang, or pecel is an Indonesian sauce made from ground roasted or fried peanuts, widely used in cuisines worldwide. Peanut sauce is used with chicken, meat and vegetables, adding flavor to grilled skewered meat, such as satays. Pecel is an Indonesian sauce made with peanuts and spices.
The peanut sauce in gado gado has coconut milk and it's more creamy. A Balinese sauce based on chillies, peanuts, tamarind and coconut sugar. Liquid is added to the paste to make a sauce consistency when ready to use. You can have Indonesian Peanut sauce (Bumbu pecel) with peanut butter using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Peanut sauce (Bumbu pecel) with peanut butter
- You need 500 gr of Palm/coconut or brown sugar.
- Prepare 150 gr of Red chilies, cut big slices.
- You need 10 pieces of bird chilies (optional).
- Prepare 10 of garlics.
- It’s 5 of shallot sliced and fried (I buy a jar in asian supermarket).
- It’s 2 tsp of kencur powder (a type of galangal).
- You need 2 tsp of Galangal paste.
- Prepare 7 of kafir lime leaves (do not used the stem, and sliced the leaves).
- Prepare 3 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 4 tbs of Kecap manis / sweet soya sauce.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- Prepare of Oil.
It is commonly served over boiled vegetables, similar to the sauce used in Gado-gado. This famous Indonesian peanut sauce is pronounced "sahm-ball kah-CHANG." Another name for it is bumbu satay. Serve with satay ayam or gado gado. This sweet, spicy and tangy Indonesian peanut sauce is great with everything from warm noodles to shrimp to beef or chicken satay.
Indonesian Peanut sauce (Bumbu pecel) with peanut butter step by step
- Slices and Blend chilies, and garlic in blender (without water till smooth).
- Heat the pan with oil, put step 1 and galangal, kencur, kafir limes, stir fry till fragrant.
- Put the peanut butter, mix well, add the tamarind paste, salt and water. This should just make a paste..
- Add kecap manis and shallot fried, and let it simmer till oil appears from the peanut sauce..
- :eave it cool, taste it. when it's cold, you can batch it into plastic and freeze them..
- To use right away, add hot water to make a paste.
Whisk in the sugar, crushed red pepper. Pecel is a popular Indonesian peanut sauce that is often served as a street food with vegetables and rice. It is thick and hearty, spicy and sweet, and bursting with flavor. The unique thing about pecel peanut sauce is the use of kaffir lime leaves, which lend a really refreshing taste to the sauce. This Indonesian Peanut Saute is my personal version of the dish from Noodles & Co.