You can have Tagliatelle Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tagliatelle Carbonara
- It’s of tagliatelle pasta dried ribbons / 3½ oz..
- It’s of chestnut mushrooms (sliced) / 3½ oz..
- It’s of Italian ham lean cubes* / 2½ oz..
- It’s of onion (diced) / 1½ oz..
- Prepare of egg (large).
- You need of garlic salt.
- Prepare of black pepper ground *.
Tagliatelle Carbonara instructions
- Put the tagliatelle into a pan of boiling water to cook for 10-12 minutes until to your liking. During the latter part of the tagliatelle cooking time proceed as follows:-.
- Prep the onion and mushrooms..
- Microwave the Italian ham cubs (or bacon / gammon) for 1½ minutes – (If using con / gammon chop into small pieces after microwaving) and transfer the ham (including any moisture) to a fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook on a medium to high heat. Keep the fry pan moist with the occasional tablespoon of water from the pasta pan..
- Microwave the onion for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and microwave for a further 1½ minutes. Transfer to combine with the contents of the frying pan. Mix well..
- Whisk the egg with the garlic salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper..
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle and transfer to the fry pan. Mix well then turn off the heat. Stir through the eggs until they thicken before serving in warmed pasta bowls..
- As a cheat to Six2go approach add chopped basil at the same time as the egg and wait for the basil aroma to perfume the air. Garnish with whole basil leaves..