Chicken Satay. Delicious chicken satay or grilled chicken skewers marinated with spices and served with peanut sauce. Easy, authentic and the best chicken satay recipe you'll find online! Keywords: Chicken satay skewers, Thai chicken satay, Thai peanut sauce.
Perfectly grilled chicken satay skewers in the most flavorful marinade. These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather. And if they did, that would be okay. You can have Chicken Satay using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay
- It’s 250 g of chicken.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need of 1/2 Tsp salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Curry Power.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Coconut Milk.
- You need 1.5 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s of Peanut sauce.
- It’s 200 ml of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of Red Curry Paste.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 50-100 ml of Chicken Stock or water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind paste.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Crushed peanuts.
- It’s of Garnish with coriander & chilli.
Whenever you deal with raw meat, especially chicken, use a separate cutting board, and make sure no fingers are licked. Chicken Satay from Delish.com drizzled with a little spicy peanut sauce is a match made in heaven. Satay is a popular Southeast Asian street food that usually involves a marinated meat being. Satay (/ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay, in USA also /ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce.
Chicken Satay step by step
- Soak satay sticks in cold water. Leave them aside..
- Roast coriander and coming seeds gently, then crushed them to fine powder..
- Cut chicken breasts into pieces (7.5 cm x 4 cm x 0.5 cm).
- Marinate chicken by putting & mixing all marinade ingredients in the bowl with chicken. Cover with cling film and put int he fridge..
- After 40 minutes, Thread chicken onto chicken satay sticks. Then grill them for a couple of minutes per side on the griddle pan. Grill until they are cooked. Or you can grill them in your grill oven for 4 minutes per side and keep flipping them around until they are cooked..
- To make peanut sauce, pound peanuts. Leave them on the side..
- With medium high heat, heat up half of coconut milk..
- Add red curry paste and 1 Tsp of crush cumin seeds & coriander seeds. Move them around gently in the pan..
- Add the rest of coconut milk, Palm sugar, salt and Tamarind paste..
- Add crushed peanuts move them around.Then add a little stock or water..
- Taste it and add more ingredients, if need to. Then turn of the heat..
- Garnish with Coriander..
Satay may consist of diced or sliced chicken, goat, mutton, beef, pork, fish, other meats, or tofu. The Malaysian chicken satay is best to serve with the special dipping sauce. Chicken satay is prepared with the chicken meat marinated with a myriad of spices and grilled to perfection. These delicious Thai-style chicken satay are made of chicken marinated in a peanutty sauce, and then grilled. In the video, I would like to share with you how to prepare the Malaysian chicken satay.