Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng). Finishing: Take one pastry and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Fold it, seam and press the end to seal. Use a fork to tighter it or you can twist it – use your middle finger and thumb by pull then fold it inside little by little.
Suchen Sie nach Pastel Goreng Indonesian Fried Pastry Snack-Stockbildern in HD und Millionen weiteren lizenzfreien Stockfotos, Illustrationen und Vektorgrafiken in der Shutterstock-Kollektion. Jeden Tag werden Tausende neue, hochwertige Bilder hinzugefügt. This is my favorite snack. fried pastry filled with vegetables, egg and chopped meat. You can have Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng)
- It’s of For the filling:.
- It’s of Cooked vermicelli.
- It’s of Boiled potatoes (finely chopped).
- Prepare of Chopped carrot (I don’t).
- It’s of Chopped celery.
- Prepare of Chopped onion or shallots.
- You need of Chopped green onion.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Sliced of hard boiled egg.
- Prepare of For the Pastry:.
- You need 200 g of flour.
- You need 75 g of butter.
- It’s 50 ml of cold water.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
My Nasi Goreng (or Indonesian Fried Rice) is a spicy rice dish that's way more flavourful than regular fried rice. Topped with a fried egg (with crispy edges It's more flavourful than regular fried rice with the addition of shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind and a few other goodies. A video on how to make Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) loaded up with fresh healthy veggies! Keep it vegan with Turmeric Tofu or add an egg (or chicken or shrimp!) – up to you!
Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) instructions
- For the filling: Heat up the oil and fry the onion until fragrant..
- Add celery, keep sauted until the celery is done..
- Add the potatoes and vermicelli. Then season with, garlic, pepper, nutmeg, chicken powder, sugar, and salt..
- Mixed well and cooked through. Last one sprinkle with green onion. Mix well, taste it, and leave aside to cool.
- For the Pastry: I am using a stand mixer. Mixed the flour, sugar, salt, and butter until butter is no longer bigger than peas..
- Slowly add white egg. Then add water little by little. Until the Pastry smooth and ready to rolls..
- Take it out from the mixer bowl. Knead well and roll up in to a ball shape, cover with a cling wrap and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour..
- Roll the dough into 1/4cm thin and cut into a cylinder. You can rolling use rolling pin or pasta roller machine..
- To finishing: Take one pastry and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Add one sliced of hard boiled egg, fold it, seam and press the end to seal. Use a fork to tighter it or you can twist it. (Mine I use the pastry mold, and I brushed the edges with egg white to seal it).
- Heat the oil. Fry the pastry until golden brown on each side..
- Place fried pastry on a parchment paper to drain the oil..
- Served warm along with spicy peanut dipping sauce or with fresh Thai chili 🌶 Enjoy 😊.
A fast and healthy dinner recipe the whole family will love. Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods – and I'm betting you will love. Nasi goreng (fried rice) is a staple dish of Indonesia that you can find just about anywhere.