You can have Apple Pie using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- Prepare of Oil Pie Crust.
- It’s of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Grape Seed Oil or Flavorless Oil of Choice.
- Prepare of Ice Cold Water.
- It’s of Egg (Egg Wash).
- Prepare of White Sugar (Topping) Optional.
- It’s of Cinnamon (Topping) Optional.
- You need of Pie Filling.
- You need of Large Honey Crisp Apples.
- You need of Lemon (Juice).
- You need of Orange (Zest).
- It’s of White Sugar.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- You need of All-purpose Flour.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Grated Nutmeg.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Unsalted Butter.
Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat Oven to 425°F. Fill a Cup with Water and Ice. In a Large Mixing Bowl, Combine Flour and Salt. In a Smaller Bowl or Glass Measuring Cup, pour Oil and 5 Tbsp of the Ice Water. Don't mix. Add Oil and Water to the Flour Mixture. Stir with a fork until a ball begins to form. If the Dough is still crumbly, add another Tbsp of Ice Water. Keep adding 1 Tbsp at a time, until the Dough is the right consistency and it holds together. Some crumbles are okay. Don't over wet the Dough..
- Divide the Dough into two equal balls. Put each in an airtight container, & refrigerate for at least 20 Mins. For the first Pie Crust, place one of the Dough Balls between two pieces of wax paper. Roll out Dough evenly, until it's a 12"Circle. Gently peel off top layer of wax paper. Invert a 9" Pie Pan (sprayed with cooking spray or butter) on top of Dough. Make sure it's centered well & there is overhang around the pan. Flip Dough and Pan over together, & then carefully peel off wax paper..
- Peel, Core, & Slice Apples. I like mine about 1/4 in. Put Apples into a Large Mixing Bowl, & add Lemon Juice. Stir well. Add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Flour, & Orange Zest. Mix Well. Place Apples in the Pie Crust. Cut butter in cubes, & disperse evenly over Apples. Roll out the other Pie Crust the same way as first, peel wax paper, place on top of Apples..
- Pinch both crusts together all around the edges. Cut off any excess. Fold crust under all the way around the Pie, so that the crust sits evenly against Pie Plate border. Crimp edges as you like. Brush Egg Wash lightly all over the top of the Pie Crust. Sprinkle Sugar & Cinnamon on top. Cut four 2" slits in Crust toward the top center of Pie Crust..
- Cover a Baking Sheet with Aluminum Foil. Place Pie on Baking Sheet. Bake for 55 Mins to 1 Hour. Check Crust Edges after about a half hour. If they are getting too brown, cover edges in Aluminum Foil or a Pie Protector. Allow to Cool for 1 – 3 Hours. The longer you allow it to cool, the better. The filling will have a better chance to thicken up. Enjoy!.