Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam). Satay (/ˈsɑːteɪ/ SAH-tay, in USA also /ˈsæteɪ/ SA-tay), or sate in Indonesian and Malay spelling, is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Called "Satay Ayam" in Malaysian language, any real foodies who have been to the entire Southeast Asia region will agree they are the best! While Thai chicken sate are tasty, they are inferior to the scrumptious and rich flavors of Malaysian chicken satay.
Chicken Satay is always a crowd-pleaser and is an ideal party dish. There are many different types of marinade, and this is one of the simplest, giving the chicken a smoky caramelized flavour with a hint of lemongrass, cumin and turmeric. For a complete satay meal, it is served with peanut sauce. You can have Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam)
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces).
- It’s of Marinade (processed in a blender);.
- You need 50 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 30 g of Garlic.
- It’s 20 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s of For Grilling;.
- Prepare as needed of Wooden Skewers.
Iconic Indonesian chicken satay complete with spicy peanut sauce dressing that just as good as those you find in Indonesia, so what are you waiting for? So, sate ayam is simply, skewered chicken. What do you need to prepare Indonesian sate ayam? For the sate ayam (chicken satay), you will need Satay Ayam (Chicken Satay) generally consists of chunks or slices of meat on bamboo or coconut leaf spine skewers, which are grilled over a wood or charcoal fire.
Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the blended marinade for 3 hours minimum..
- Arrange the chicken on wooden skewers. Lightly oil a pan grill so the chicken won't stick..
- Grill the chicken satay until brown; be sure to try to get the char on the chicken..
- Serve with peanut sauce and cucumber..
Satay (also written saté) is a dish that may have originated in Sumatra or Java, Indonesia. Shish kebab is also very similar to satay. Sate Ayam (chicken satay) of Indonesia is prepared from chicken marinated in a mixture of coriander, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper combined with an Indonesian sweet soy sauce. Malaysian satay is prepared by blending shallots, lemongrass, garlic, and ginger to a smooth paste. Why go out for Thai food when you can make it at home?