Ofada rice served with ofada sauce also known as ayamase. Ofada rice is a name for heritage varieties of rice grown in south-west Nigeria. It is used in a variety of dishes. Looking back, this was one of the first recipes that I posted.
I marveled the first time I saw someone preparing the sauce because until then This stew is commonly eaten with Ofada rice ( unpolished brown rice) and that is where it got the name Ofada stew. Ayamase stew which is also known as Ofada stew or the Nigerian designer stew is one of the numerous stew types we eat in Nigeria. Add your choice of Meat, some beef stock to loosen up the sauce if it's too thick and Salt to taste. You can cook Ofada rice served with ofada sauce also known as ayamase using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ofada rice served with ofada sauce also known as ayamase
- It’s of Assorted meat(beef,shako,ponmo,liver).
- It’s of Palm oil.
- You need of Green bell pepper.
- It’s of Ata rodo (Scotch bonet).
- It’s of Iru (locust beans).
- It’s of Beef stock.
- Prepare cube of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Onion.
- You need of Ofada rice(locally grown rice).
- You need of Fresh ginger.
- You need of Fresh garlic.
Ayamase stew can best served with serve with Ofada Rice. Ofada Rice served with Ofada Stew/Ayamase is extremely popular at Nigerian parties and homes. I decided to draw up this recipe albeit simple and Do this carefully as Ofada rice is known to be very dirty and full of stones…. Pour the rice into a bowl, wash repeatedly, see how dirty the water looks….
Ofada rice served with ofada sauce also known as ayamase step by step
- Season assorted meat with blended onions,ginger,garlic,salt,seasoning cube and allow to cook for at least @hour till meat is tender.
- Wash and blend green bell pepper and ata rodo together.
- Boil till water reduces and. Becomes a thick paste.
- Bleach palm oil for 10mins and turn off the cooker,palm oil would have bleached to golden honey colour.
- Once pot is cool,put back on fire,add chopped onions,allow to fry till it softens,add iru and let both fry until bubbles of palm oil float to the top.
- Add assorted meat and allow to absorb oil.
- Add boiled pepper and stir,allow to fry until oil floats to the top,then add meat stock,stir and allow to fry till you see patches of oil on top.
- Add ground crayfish, stir and allow crayfish cook and combine with stew.
- Lower heat and allow stew to gently Cook and serve with choice of rice.
Ofada sauce/stew is one of the most sought after Nigerian delicasy. This post shows you how to I suppose you know how to boil rice. 😉 That would be discussed briefly at the bottom of this post. Ofada stew (sauce) is made with a combination of green peppers and red peppers, then assorted. Ofada Stew aka Ayamase Stew: The Designer Stew used in eating the famous Ofada Rice. Ofada Rice and stew is a Nigerian meal native to the Yorubas but in recent times, everyone, especially those in Lagos and environs, has been bitten by the Ofada Rice bug.