Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup). Video tutorial how to cook Indonesian favorite chicken soup, Soto Ayam. Interested to become our sponsor in our next cooking tutorial video please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Found this video useful, any donation will be appreciated. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl.
Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. This is seriously tasty noodle soup. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands. You can cook Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- You need 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- You need 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 3 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- You need 7 of shallots.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- Prepare of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Prepare Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- You need of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- You need of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Prepare of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
That's as close as you can get outside Indonesia I think. They are mad for Indonesian in the Netherlands. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) instructions
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia. This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online. In Indonesia, this dish is called Soto Resah. The yellow-color soup is infused with coconut milk, turmeric and spices.