"Christmas Crack". Saltine crackers coated with caramel and chocolate. All you need to make this Christmas Crack is butter, brown sugar, saltine. Pin it to your DESSERTS pinboard!
You can use Saltines, Tuc or Ritz crackers. The Christmas crack would also be perfect to add to your holiday plates with your favorite Christmas cookies. You are going to want to put this Christmas crack toffee on your MUST MAKE list this year. You can cook "Christmas Crack" using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Christmas Crack"
- It’s 1 of 10X15 cookie sheet.
- You need of Aluminum foil.
- You need 1 of sleeve original saltines.
- It’s 3/4 c of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of (i just site them, I don't measure) chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (I site measure) butterscotch chips.
- It’s 3 of candy canes (I used colored peppermint).
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
Chex Christmas Mix (aka Christmas Crack) is a sweet and salty snack made with your fav cereal, pretzels, M&M's and melted white chocolate! Christmas Crack Recipe – AKA Saltine Cracker Toffee. This easy and addictive Christmas Crack is a staple treat recipe that should made at least once every year when the holidays roll around. Christmas Crack recipe: This was such a BIG hit last year that I'm posting the recipe again.
"Christmas Crack" step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with butter. Cover cookie sheet with saltines..
- Bring brown sugar & butter to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring the whole time with a whisk..
- Pour over saltines, spread it as evely as possible, use spatula if needed. Place in oven & bake for 5 minutes..
- Shift any moved saltines. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate & butterscotch chips over saltines. Let sit 5 minutes to melt. Take a spatula and spread evenly..
- Optional: crush candy canes and sprinkle over the mixture. Allow to cool (10-15min), then place tray into refrigerator to harden..
- Take out tray & "crack" the pieces to put into a container (I recommend keeping in fridge until you are going to serve it, up to you). Enjoy.
It's the most delicious, crunchy, sweet, addictive holiday treat. Minty Christmas Crack: Top with crushed candy canes. Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack: Swap out half of the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips. White Christmas: Substitute in white chocolate. Add this Christmas Crack aka Easy Saltine Toffee Candy to your holiday baking list!