Fried Rice from Central Java (NASI GORENG JAWA TENGAH). Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. Nasi goreng, literally meaning "fried rice" in Indonesian, can refer simply to fried pre-cooked rice, a meal including fried rice accompanied with other Nasi goreng Jawa is Javanese style nasi goreng. Adapted from Sajian Nasi Lengkap Indonesia.
Making nasi goreng also reminded me of my fond memories while traveling in Indonesia—a country with vibrant and colorful culinary traditions which I intend to explore. Nasi goreng (fried rice) is a staple dish of Indonesia that you can find just about anywhere. Learn how to make it yourself in Indonesian and English! You can have Fried Rice from Central Java (NASI GORENG JAWA TENGAH) using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice from Central Java (NASI GORENG JAWA TENGAH)
- It’s 500 gr of white rice.
- You need 3 pcs of cabbage, sliced roughly.
- You need 1 of egg, make scrambled.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of flavoring (optional).
- You need of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of GROUND SPICES.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of shallots.
- You need 7 of cayenne peppers.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 2 pcs of candlenut, toasted.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of shrimp paste, roasted.
- You need of SUPPLEMENTARY.
- You need 2 of chicken thighs, fried and shredded.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fried onions for topping.
- It’s 1 of leek, cut into ½ cm pieces.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need of Cucumber taste, cut into smaller pieces.
No matter where you are in Indonesia, chances are you're not far away from a tasty plate of nasi goreng (fried rice). Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian Fried Rice loaded with chicken and sweet, spicy, and savory flavors you'll love. Nasi Goreng is Indonesian-style fried rice typically flavored with shrimp paste, chili, tamarind, and kecap manis. It is commonly served with a fried egg and a generous sprinkling of fried.
Fried Rice from Central Java (NASI GORENG JAWA TENGAH) instructions
- Heat oil and saute ground spices until fragrant. Add the white rice, stirring until blended..
- Add in cabbage, scrambled eggs, sugar, salt and flavorings. Stir again, let the cabbage slightly wilt..
- Serve the fried rice with complementary ingredients..
Nasi goreng, fried rice, is easily one of the most famous Indonesian foods. You'll find nasi goreng all over Indonesia, served at both restaurants and commonly from street food carts. During my trip to Jakarta, one evening along Mangga Besar road I stopped for a wonderfully comforting plate of nasi. Nasi goreng may be enjoyed anywhere in Indonesia, but it can also be found in Singapore, Malaysia and even as far as the Netherlands. In any Indonesian restaurant anywhere in the world, it is a standard menu item as well, proving the popularity of the dish.