Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap). This recipe has been modified, on the original recipe eggs and vegies are not in use. My Sweet soy sauce Chicken Skewers Recipe is finally here! Ayam kecap pedas is an Indonesian take on Chinese chicken in ginger and soy sauce.
This sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) is one of staple condiment in İndonesian cuisine especially in javanese cuisine. Traditionally the chicken grilled over charcoal and brushed with spiced kecap manis during. Sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis) is a sweetened aromatic soy sauce, originating in Indonesia, which has a darker color. You can have Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap)
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce (kecap ABC).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 230 ml of water.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Fried shallot.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
Kecap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce) Daring Gourmet. Ayam Kecap Pedas – Chicken in Spicy Sweet Soy Sauce Daily Cooking Quest. Indonesian sweet soy sauce aka kecap manis is one of my most used sauces besides soy sauce and oyster sauce. This authentic Kecap Manis recipe is easy to make and is superbly versatile and delicious!
Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap) step by step
- Dice the garlic and onion into small cubes.
- Heat the pan under medium heat and put the garlic and onion until golden brown. At the same time, boil eggs until floating..
- Put the chicken into the pan and add the water. Wait until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the eggs, sweet soy sauce, ketchup, and salt. Taste it based on your preference..
- Mix well for half an hour, still occasionally.
- Add fried shallots and spring onion as garnish.
Also known as ketjap manis, it's a thick and dark molasses-like sauce with palm sugar and soy sauce as its base and with the addition of aromatic spices for flavor. Ayam masak kicap or chicken cooked in soy sauce recipe uses soy sauce, oyster sauce, tomato sauce, and chili paste for a deliciously sweet and chilli hot flavor. Spicy soy sauce chicken is a delicious and nutritious treat. Chicken Cook in Soya Sauce Gravy. Combine the soy sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat and stir to dissolve the sugar while bringing to a low boil.