Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter). Delicious chicken satay or grilled chicken skewers marinated with spices and served with peanut sauce. Easy, authentic and the best chicken satay recipe! You can use a combination of chicken breasts, chicken thighs and legs.
I send it from a long way. Hope all over the world The sauce was better with a bit more peanut butter. I didn't have peanut oil so I used sesame oil to. You can have Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter)
- You need 500 gram of chicken fillet, cut cubed, not too thin, not too thick.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- You need 4 cloves of garlics.
- You need 6 pieces of shallots.
- You need 3 pieces of candlenuts.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander seed powder.
- You need 5 tablespoons of skippy peanut butter.
- Prepare of Indonesian sweet soya sauce (I use ABC/Bango brand).
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare of satay skewers.
- You need of for toppings: thinly sliced raw shallots/lime juice/sliced chilli/fried onion.
Indonesian Chicken Satay (Using Skippy peanut butter) step by step
- Add in lime juice and salt, to cubed chicken. set aside.
- Put shallots, garlics, candlenuts, corriander seeds powder in the food processor till smooth.
- For the peanut butter sauce: heat 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil, add in the garlic, shallot,candlenuts, coriander mixture. stir fry a few minutes till fragrant. Add in the peanut butter, water, sweet soya sauce. mix together and cook till it thickened and form a smooth sauce. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take 1/2 of the peanut butter sauce and mix it with the chicken cube. marinate overnight. keep the other half of the peanut butter sauce..
- Put the chicken in the skewers. Baked for 200 celcius for 5 minutes one side, turn other side and bake for another 5 minutes. pls check, if the chicken is stil raw, cook longer depending on your oven.
- Arrange the chicken, drizzle with the other half of the peanut butter sauce. squeeze in some lime juice, drizzle some sweet soya sauce, add in thinly sliced shallot, fried onion on top..
- Second attempt: pan fried the satay with happycall pan with a bit oil, turned out the chicken is more tender and not dry (when i baked in the oven i probably baked too long so it was bit dry). Panfried definitely taste better :).
An classic Indonesian recipe for Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, learned from a true Balinese cook in Bali! So if you listened to my hint, your chicken should be done marinating around the time you finish your peanut sauce. The most famous Indonesian chicken satay is Sate Madura. The best is the one sold by the street hawkers. Usually it is served with rice or rice cake wrapped in banana leaves (lontong), peanut Use chicken thighs for best flavor and texture.