🤙Chicken Katsu Noodle Bowl🤙. The channels you actually enjoy don't always intentionally appear. Katsu – Chicken Katsu, Tonkatsu (pork), and Gyukatsu(beef) all work for this recipe and can be substituted How to make Chicken Katsudon. If you are using leftover chicken katsu, you can skip ahead a few steps Donburi (丼) is a type of large ceramic bowl usually used to serve rice or noodles.
This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu – Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. The chicken katsu came out crunchy and delicious. (ETA: I slice the chicken breast to three or four thin fillets instead of pounding. You can have 🤙Chicken Katsu Noodle Bowl🤙 using 30 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🤙Chicken Katsu Noodle Bowl🤙
- Prepare of Noodle Ingredients.
- It’s of Chow mein noodles.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast, pounded thin-ish.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded napa cabbage (I used regular cabbage today).
- It’s 1 of red or yellow bell pepper, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of shredded carrot.
- It’s 1.5 cups of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of oil for frying.
- You need of Lime (optional).
- You need of Katsu sauce/drizzle.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of hoisin.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare .5 tsp of water (to loosen it up a bit).
- Prepare .5 tsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s of Noodle Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of soya sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hoisin.
- You need 1 tsp of sriracha.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet soya sauce.
- It’s .5 tsp of chili oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients. Both lager and sparkling wine pair well with fried chicken because their crispness cuts through the richness. Serve this katsu with Kona Brewing Co.'s.
🤙Chicken Katsu Noodle Bowl🤙 instructions
- Mix all the ingredients for the katsu sauce and set aside.
- Mix together ingredients for the noodle sauce and set aside.
- Beat chicken breast thin,season with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, the in your 2 heated eggs, then into your panko breadcrumbs (set aside 5 min just to allow breadcrumbs time to meet the chicken and become friends lol).
- In a large wok, fill with water.. bring to boil and boil your noodles for 5 min. Drain the noodles in colander and let sit while you cook the veg..
- In large pan, add oil and brown your chicken breast on both sides, cook through OR you can finish cooking the chicken through by placing in a 400°F oven for 10 min to ensure chicken is cooked through..
- In the screaming hot wok (the one you used for noodles above), add 1/4 of your noodle sauce and toss in all your veggies. Cook veggies for 5-8 min (cook through but still remaining crisp).
- Toss your noodles into the wok. Add the remaining of your noodle sauce and toss.so.that everything is combined cooking for another 5 min or so..
- To serve: place noodles in a bowl, cut up your chicken breast into slices. Top/ drizzle with as much katsu sauce as you want and ENJOY♡♡ *** I squeezed a little bit of fresh lime juice on mine just for that citrus hit… optional but recommended ***.
Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very crispy chicken and served with homemade Katsu sauce. Can You Bake Chicken Katsu Technically, you can bake, but the end result is not the same as deep-fried. It will be drier and not as crispy. Tonkatsu Tofu Noodle Bowl. with bok choy and carrots.