Veggie Taco Bowls.
You can cook Veggie Taco Bowls using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veggie Taco Bowls
- It’s of minute brown rice, for serving.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s of yellow onion, diced.
- You need of celery, diced.
- Prepare of large carrot, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of heat roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s of unsalted pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need of taco seasoning (or equivalent amount homemade).
- Prepare of frozen corn.
- Prepare of water or unsalted vegetable broth.
Veggie Taco Bowls step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion, pepper, carrot and celery with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until it has softened up, about 5 or so minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, seasoning, corn and water and increase the heat to med-high..
- Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat down to med-low and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has thickened..
- While it simmers, prepare the minute rice in a separate pot according to package directions and when it's done, fluff it with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, place a scoop of rice in a bowl and a scoop of the bean mixture over the rice. Top with whatever taco toppings you like best..