Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng). Nasi Goreng is the popular Indonesian fried rice which is traditionally served with a fried egg. I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods.
We love the fact that it. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. You can cook Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
- You need 5 cup of rice, cooked.
- You need 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 clove of shallot.
- It’s 3 each of fresh red chilies.
- You need 3 clove of candleberry nut (known as indian walnut/kemiri).
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken, fried and chopped (optional).
- It’s 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of sweet soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber, sliced.
Nasi Goreng is a staple in our home. My hubby's maternal side of the family are dutch.however they spent a good deal of time in Indonesia. This fragrant rice dish with chicken, prawns and shredded omelette is the ultimate comfort food for spice lovers. Spoon the nasi goreng onto warmed plates.
Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng) step by step
- Grind garlic, shallot, red chilies, and candleberry nut. You can also use blender and add a little cooking oil instead of water. (But grinding the seasoning will improve the taste than blending it, because by grinding them, its oil will come out)..
- Pour cooking oil into a frying pan and let it heat..
- Saute grinded seasoning til it smells good..
- Pour beaten eggs into the pan and scramble them..
- Add rice and chopped chicken into the pan..
- Add salt, white pepper and sweet soya sauce. Mix them well..
- Keep mixing them for a while, then it is ready to be served. Best served with sliced cucumber and chips..
Overlap the cucumber and tomato on the side of each plate, sprinkle over the crispy fried onions and serve with prawn crackers. Nasi Goreng is a fragrant Indonesian fried rice recipe, that is much easier to make at home than you think! Are you a fan of Indonesian cuisine? Take a look at our Indonesian coconut chicken and rice. People often ask me, "Do you really eat like this?