Cantonese stir-fried beef in oyster sauce. Marinate slices of lean beef steak then pan-fry with chunks of red pepper and a savoury sauce in this classic Chinese dish. Return the drained beef slices to the wok and toss them thoroughly with the oyster sauce. Turn the mixture on to a serving platter, top with the spring onions and serve.
By learning to make it yourself, however, you can control exactly what goes in the meal and avoid harmful ingredients such as MSG. Следующее. Blanched Chinese greens are topped with beef stir-fried in oyster sauce. For our beef and broccoli recipe, we wanted to make sure our beef was tender and our sauce deeply flavored and silky. You can have Cantonese stir-fried beef in oyster sauce using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cantonese stir-fried beef in oyster sauce
- You need 1 lb of Rump or fillet steak.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cornflour.
- You need 1 of Egg white.
- It’s 3 slice of Fresh root ginger.
- Prepare 4 of Spring onions.
- You need 4 tbsp of Corn oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rice wine or dry sherry.
For the beef, place the fillet in between two sheets of cling film and bash with a meat mallet or rolling pin until half as thin. Slice the beef into thin pieces and place into a bowl, then season with the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Paleo Oyster Beef Stir-Fry with Yu Choy. Stir-fries are my must-have meals in my weekly meal planning.
Cantonese stir-fried beef in oyster sauce step by step
- Cut the beef into thin strips and mix with the salt and pepper..
- Toss in the corn flour and coat in the egg white, set aside..
- Shred the ginger, and cut the spring onions slantwise in 1 1/2 inch sections..
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. When hot, stir fry the ginger in the oil to flavour..
- Add the beef and stir fry over high heat for about 1 minute. Remove and set aside..
- Add the butter to the pan when hot stir fry the spring onion for 1 to 2 minutes..
- Add the stock and soy sauce, and continue to stir fry for 30 seconds..
- Return the beef to the pan add the oyster sauce and wine or sherry and stir fry over high heat for 30 seconds..
So naturally I consider oyster sauce as a must-have stir-fry sauce to make Chinese food! And recently, I finally found the time to make my own version of Vegetarian Oyster Sauce. I make salads or stir fried vegetables for every party and they are usually well recd. Add the garlic and stir fry a minute Add the remaining vegetables except the bean sprouts and add the oyster sauce too. Stir Fried Broccoli with Garlic & Oyster Sauce.