Hainanese Chicken Bulgur (cracked wheat / groats / trigo).
You can have Hainanese Chicken Bulgur (cracked wheat / groats / trigo) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hainanese Chicken Bulgur (cracked wheat / groats / trigo)
- Prepare 1/2 c of Fine grind Bulgur.
- You need 1 c of Hainanese Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Hainanese Chicken Broth.
- It’s 2-3 of Chicken pieces.
- Prepare 2-3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 of onion or 1 leek.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 3 c of Water.
- It’s 1/2 of Chicken broth cube.
- Prepare as needed of Sesame oil,.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s Dash of peppercorns.
Hainanese Chicken Bulgur (cracked wheat / groats / trigo) step by step
- Prepare your Hainanese Chicken Broth: boil onions, leeks, peppercorns, garlic, ginger and chicken broth cube in a pot. For a quick cook, boil at least 30 mins..
- Then add in your salt-brined chicken pieces, smother with sesame oil and a bit more salt first. Discard the brine. Bring the pot to a boil again for 5 minutes. Turn to the other side and let it cook for another 5 minutes before turning off the heat. (Note: this applies to thawed or fresh chicken only. It takes longer for frozen chicken)..
- Leave the chicken in the pot for 30 minutes to cook off in the residual heat..
- Place the chicken in a container with a bit of broth and cover so it doesn't dry out while you are cooking the bulgur. Set aside..
- Strain the broth and set aside..
- How to cook the Bulgur: toast in oil in a pan for a couple of minutes..
- Then pour in your Hainanese broth. The ratio is 1:2. So for 1/2c Bulgur, I added 1 cup of broth. Constantly stir in low heat until it is absorbed..
- Remove from heat and rest for at least 15 minutes..
- Transfer to a serving plate and pair with your Hainanese Chicken. I mixed in the cooked onions, garlic and a couple ginger slices from the broth. Left the peppercorns off of course haha. Enjoy!.