Spicy Tuna Soboro Don. Canned Tuna, Eggs and some Greens. That's all you need to make this rice bowl dish. I always use Tuna in Springwater.
Soboro Don (そぼろ丼) is an easy and delicious Japanese rice bowl with seasoned ground chicken and scrambled eggs. It's easily one of my favorite bento lunch menus growing up! The sweet-savory flavor of tender chicken and eggs that get mixed in with steamed rice score big on the comfort level. You can have Spicy Tuna Soboro Don using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Tuna Soboro Don
- You need of (*185g) Canned Tuna in Springwater *drained well.
- It’s of Sake (Rice Wine).
- Prepare of grated Ginger.
- It’s of Sesame Oil.
- It’s of Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) *OR Chilli as required.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Eggs.
- You need of Green Leafy Vegetable *Today I used Bok Choy.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- It’s of servings Freshly Cooked Rice.
- It’s of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Soboro Don (そぼろ丼) is a simple Japanese rice bowl with sweet and savory ground chicken and some seasoned scrambled egg. Master Sushi Chef Hiroyuki Terada shows you how to make this amazing and delicious dish. Spicy Tuna Donburi which is basically Spicy Tuna on top of some. • Tekka Don is a rice bowl with marinated tuna Sashimi on top. It is an extremely easy dish to make if you have good Sashimi grade tuna (raw tuna that is sold to be eaten raw).
Spicy Tuna Soboro Don step by step
- Place drained Tuna in a small frying pan or saucepan, sprinkle with Sake (Rice Wine) and grated Ginger, and mix well. Add Sesame Oil, Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce), Sugar and Soy Sauce, and stir-fry over medium heat for a few minutes or until the sauce is almost gone..
- *Note: Depending on the saltiness of the tuna, reduce the amount of Soy Sauce..
- Whisk Eggs and season with 1 pinch Salt. Heat a small amount of Oil in a separate frying pan over low heat, cook the egg, stirring constantly, until crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and set aside..
- Add an extra small amount of Oil if required, cook Green Leafy Vegetable. While stir-frying, add 2 tablespoons Water to help steam-cook. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper..
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the tuna, egg and green. Sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds..
Soboro Don Set. ground chicken cooked with sweet ginger soy sauce over a bed of rice. Sometimes if I'm really hungry I'll add in avocado or mix it with rice. Spicy tuna served over sushi rice, garnished with seaweed, sesame seeds, and scallions. Volcano style includes: unagi sauce, spicy mayo, and crunchy tempura flakes. Recipe with Step by Step Photo from Pickled Plum – A Sushi restaurant spicy tuna rolls!