Onion and Potato Poha. Kanda batata poha is one of the staple breakfast recipe from Maharashtra made with onions (kanda), potato (batata) and flattened rice. It is an easy, quick and healthy option for breakfast or brunch or as a snack. Flattened rice known as poha is cooked along with onion, potato , peanut n turns to a plate of quick and easy breakfast which taste just perfect 👍.
Drizzle the water around the sides of the skillet, cover and reduce the heat to. Aloo Poha or Kanda Batata Poha is a delicious, simple and mildly spicy breakfast made from Poha (flattened rice flakes) along with Onion (Kanda) and Potato (Batata). Poha is extremely popular as a breakfast dish in Western Indian states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh. You can cook Onion and Potato Poha using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onion and Potato Poha
- Prepare of Jada Poha.
- Prepare of big onion.
- You need of medium potatoes.
- Prepare of green chillies.
- You need of kadipatha.
- You need of handfull of Groundnuts (I have not put today).
- You need of jeera.
- It’s of Rai.
Poha and onion mixture wrapped in samosa patti and deep fried. Add the Poha to the pan, and mix well with rest of the mixture. Remove from heat and serve sprinkled with chopped coriander. The onion poha or kanda poha is a variation of the classic poha with added onions to step up the taste, crunch and awesomeness of this preparation.
Onion and Potato Poha step by step
- Wash the jada poha and keep aside after straining the water. Take kadai and put 2 tbsp of oil. When hot, put jeera, rayee and kadipatha. Once the rayee splutters, add the cut green chillies, then add potatoes. Let it become Brown, then add the onion. Onion should become pink. Add the jada Poha. Put little Haldi Powder, Hing Powder, 1 spoon sugar and salt.
- Mix well. Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves. Can top it with nylon sev.
Then add the potato and onions and sauté till the onions become translucent. Now add the curry leaves and sauté for roughly half a minute. Do not rub too much with your hands otherwise they will get break. I like crunchy yet soft peanuts, so I kept them in, moisture from onion and potatoes will make them soft. Onion potato poha tastes best when served hot.