Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya. Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. I used Zatarain's Jambalaya mix which has no separate seasoning packet, so both the rice and spices went in together. This is a tasty slow cooker jambalaya, a combination of chicken, sausage, rice, tomatoes, and shrimp.
The rice is cooked separately to ensure it is. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings. You can cook Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
- You need 8 of smoked turkey sausages, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices (you can find these in the aisle with the hot dogs).
- It’s 2 of bell peppers, sliced into strips.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 8 oz of package jambalaya rice mix.
Jambalaya is one of my favorite one-pot style recipes. Quick Shrimp & Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage JambalayaAl Fresco All Natural. shrimp, brown rice, reduced sodium chicken broth. Layer chicken pieces and sausage slices in bottom of crock pot. Peel and devein shrimp; keep refrigerated until ready to add.
Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya instructions
- Place your sliced peppers and onions in the bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken strips and turkey sausage..
- Add water and undrained tomatoes..
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5-6 hours or high heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours..
- Stir in rice. (If using low heat setting, turn it to high at this point) Cover and cook about 45 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid absorbed..
- Dish up in bowls and ENJOY!.
Combine onion, pepper, celery and garlic; layer on top of meat. NOTE: I had every intention of adding celery but I forgot. Crock Pot Skinny Chicken Jambalaya – Yummy Healthy Easy. Low calorie, tastes great and fills you up! Using lean proteins, (sliced chicken breasts and turkey sausage) sliced up onions and bell peppers, and rice mix and cooking it all in the slow cooker.