Cowboy cornbread. Prepare one package of cornbread mix according to directions. Open corn and beans and pour into meat. Cowboy Cornbread features ground beef, tomatoes, cheese, beans, cream of corn and your favorite corn bread mix.
Yellow cornbread made from scratch baked right in the skillet with a layer of spicy ground beef in the middle–classic cowboy fare! This chile-flavored cornbread is a great way to sneak in vegetables. This cornbread make a delicious side/accompaniment to this hearty chili. You can have Cowboy cornbread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cowboy cornbread
- You need 1 of can refried beans.
- It’s 1 of bag shredded cheese (ur choice).
- Prepare 1 of can corn.
- Prepare 1 of box cornbread mix.
- You need 1 of can Italian diced tomatos.
- You need 1 of lb ground meat.
- It’s 1 packages of mushrooms slices.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
We're a four piece bluegrass, old-time, acoustic country and cowboy. I hope you try this cornbread-and I will be even happier if you try your version and it becomes your latest masterpiece. Order a cast iron skillet here. This Spicy Cowboy Cornbread has a Kick!
Cowboy cornbread instructions
- 1. Preheat oven 350°.
- In casserole dish spred refried beans.
- Then add a layer of shredded cheese.
- Cook ground meat drain off grease (you can cook the mushrooms with meat and can add a onion) add the tomatos after grease has been drained and mix together.
- Add meat mix to dish add more cheese.
- Mix cornbread mix as directed add corn to mix.
- Put cornbread mix on top of casserole then put in oven a bake till cornbread is done about 30 mins..
- You can top it with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or green onion.
Very easy, Very tasty, Very inexpensive!! You've heard of those British fancy layered desserts (Trifle)? Iron Skillet Cowboy Cornbread is one of my most requested recipes, if you haven't tried it yet you are missing out! A nice hearty meal that will fill you up! I instantly thought of Cowboy Meat Loaf, but instead of using potatoes or making a casserole, I thought I'd try it with some cornbread stuffing.