Batata (potato)vada(Holi special). Aaloo bade/bonde is a Deep fried snack made with Gram flour and spiced mashed potatoes. It is a tea time snack and also popular as a street food of many. Batata Vada (Hindi: बटाटा वडा; Marathi: बटाटा वडा) is a popular Indian vegetarian fast food in Maharashtra, India. "Batata" means potato (attributed to the Portuguese, who introduced potatoes to seventeenth century India), and vada means fritter.
Batata vada is a fried potato stuffed fritter. This is absolutely lip smacking delicious recipe of Maharashtrian style batata vada. In South India, batata vada is known as Potato bonda. in Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra this snack is called batata vada. You can cook Batata (potato)vada(Holi special) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Batata (potato)vada(Holi special)
- You need 2 of big sized boiled potatoes.
- Prepare As per taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 6-7 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of small piece ginger.
- You need 2-3 of green chilles.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need as required of oil for deep frying vada.
- It’s 6-7 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need For of batter-.
- Prepare 1 cup of Besan.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of rice powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of red mirchi powder.
- Prepare as required of salt.
Batata vada recipe – one of my favorite and one of the popular Mumbai street food. This can be eaten as a snack with chutney or used in making vada She doesn't saute the potatoes like I have done. Both have different flavors, but I prefer the Mumbai style. How to make batata vada recipe (Step by.
Batata (potato)vada(Holi special) step by step
- Mash potato, mix salt & turmeric powder. Crush garlic, ginger & green chillies. Heat 1 tsp oil put mustard seeds start crackling. Add crushed garlic-ginger & green chillies. & curry leaves. Stir little until rawness goes off. Turn off-gas. Pour this mixture over mashed potatoes. Mix well..
- Now add chopped coriander leaves & lemon juice with the potato mixture. Keep aside for room temperature..
- Make batter with besan & rice powder. Add salt, turmeric powder & red chilli powder add little water, the batter should be thick. Now heat oil in a KadHai for deep frying vada. Take a small portion of potato mixture deep in the besan batter and put it in the hot oil. Fry little brown. Serve with desire sauce or chutneys..
Batata Vada are potatoes wrapped in Besan and fried into crispy balls. This Maharashtrian snack is generally relished with sauce, chutney or just Cook potatoes into the Pressure cooker until soft. Peel and mash them, keep aside. Grind green chillies, garlic and ginger together to make a fine paste. Batata Vada (Potato Fritters) is famous Indian Street food or Fast food.