Vegan Bruschetta. A true Italian Pasta Sauce Made With Italian-Grown Ingredients. From Bright Genovese Basil To Bold Calabrian Pepper. The only thing that would make a bruschetta not vegan would be if the bread wasn't vegan.
The types that I have used and would recommend are a crusty Italian baguette, a sourdough baguette, a classic French baguette, a locally made sourdough or a ciabatta. I would have to say that I can't go past a good ciabatta loaf or roll! This easy vegan bruschetta is made with fresh tomatoes and basil and drizzled with olive oil. You can cook Vegan Bruschetta using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Bruschetta
- It’s 3 of brown bread slices.
- You need 1 of chopped green chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped ginger-garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled green peas.
- You need 1 cup of boiled & shredded purple cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped red capsicum.
- It’s 2 of chopped baby corns.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cucumber.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled broccoli florets.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 of cheese cube (grated).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
You won't miss having cheese on your bruschetta if you use fresh red ripe tomatoes and flavorful basil. It is best if you grow your own tomatoes or can buy them in season at a farmers market since a ripe seasonal tomato is unsurpassed for taste. Easy and flavorful homemade Vegan Bruschetta made with crunchy baguette, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and salty kalamata olives. A vibrant and simple appetizer that is perfect to serve when loved ones come to visit!
Vegan Bruschetta step by step
- Apply butter on both the sides of the bread slices and roast them till they are crisp. Keep aside..
- For the topping, melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add 1 chopped green chilli, 1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic, 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes and saute. Let the tomatoes turn soft..
- Add 1 cup boiled green peas, 1 cup boiled & shredded purple cabbage, 1 cup boiled broccoli florets, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 2 chopped baby corns, 1 cup chopped red capsicum. Cover for 3-4 minutes & let the veggies steam..
- Add 1 tsp sugar, salt as per taste, 1 tsp red chilli flakes, 1 tbsp grated cheese. Let it remain on gas with covered lid for 1-2 minutes. Remove and let the topping cool..
- Place the 3 toasted bread slices on a baking tray and spread the topping all over. Add some cheese over it..
- Let the slices bake at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with a mayo dip made by combining 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp red chilli flakes, and 1 tsp sugar. You can even cut it in triangles or squares for easy bite size pieces..
The tomato bruschetta is also delicious with cashew ricotta, hummus, guacamole, or vegan mini mozzarella balls. But also vegan parmesan or crumbled tofu feta make a great flavorful topping. You can even serve the tomato salad as a kind of salsa dip for vegan burrito samosas, quesadillas, crunchwraps, spinach wraps, or other tortilla recipes. This easy bruschetta recipe combines toasted baguette slices with a tomato, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil topping. The resulting tomato bruschetta is flavorful, fresh, and perfect for serving as a vegan snack or appetizer!